Tuesday, April 20, 2010

3rd post for the day...?

I'm posting this card that I just finished using a sketch that was posted on Papertake Weekly's challenge blog today. I chose monochromatic colors to make it apropro for Charisma Cards challenge, and also made the top panel flap open - in order to make it follow the challenge guidelines at Daring Cardmakers. I combined these three challenges along with the ones listed below. Hope you enjoy the result of my efforts!



This card is apropro and has been combined for the following challenges:
(monochromatic card)
(Getting in a flap - make a flap card)
(Birthday Theme Cards)
("S" is for Sparkle)
(Use Paint Swatches- Still using my Glidden sticky sample cards!)
(Happy Birthday Theme)
(Layering Challenges)
(Happy Birthday theme)
(Use Diecuts - I used Nestabilities)
(In Stitches- I faux stitches around the edge on the SU Barely Banana CS)
(Make Something)
(Touchy Feel-y - The thick layer of Stickles and chunky glitter on the cake added texture)
(The SU csand Stickles are over a yr old , someone gave me the polka-dotted ribbon in a swap, I forgot I had the acrylic embellie - which are at least 2 years old, and was given to me by my mom too! lol!)

13 comments:

  1. OMG - I absolutely, positively love these colors! Great project Scrappy! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous card, great colours.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a fan of orange and shades of it, so I love your color selection. Thanks too for playing along in the Belli Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great colour choice, super image and love the sparkles! Thanks for joining us at A Spoon Full of Sugar and also Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A goegeous card love the colour combo. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this card too, again the colours are so bright and cheery. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin again. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love these colors and what a cute image :) Thanks for joining us on Simple Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this card! love the colors and the glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet! LOVE the colours!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's adorable! Love the bright colors! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great colors and image!!! thanks so much for playing along with SD.
    trish

    ReplyDelete