Friday, July 10, 2009

Sweet Shop Goodies!


I worked on Laura Jeans' new Sweet Shop swap as soon as I signed up! I LOVE SWEETS! :) So I easily banged out these two card spots in the same night as I signed up!


For this first card, I used an Inkadinkado dog stamp on GP cs and colored it in with my Copics. I cut it out using my nesties and mounted it on SU Close to Cocoa cs. On another scrap of GP cs I stamped one of my favorite-est stamps...this teeny, tiny cupcake from Treehouse Stamps. I cut out the tiny cupcake and popped it up atop the dog using pop dots to give it a 3D effect. To emphasize the geometric pattern of the DP, I decided to use 4 strips of chocolate satin ribbon weaving them into a square pattern.


For my next card, I used a Studio G $1.00 stamp I bought earlier this year at Michaels.

I colored the image in using Copics, & then used liquid applique with my heat gun to 'fluff' the icing up! I mounted it on a piece of cs I cut with my Labels One Nesties & then mounted it again on a square of SU cs.

I double mounted some American Craft grosgrain ribbon, and placed it on my base. Then I affixed my cupcake atop the ribbon. As usual, I changed my mind at the last minute and stamped the sentiment in the upper left hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment