Friday, July 10, 2009

Do I or do I not....

The past two weeks I've been suffering through pretty spotty internet service, so I hope you have all been bearing with me! I've lost posts to my blog no less than NINE times so hopefully my ISP will cooperate and let me post this time! Since I DO have service for the time being, I figured I'd try again...maybe 10 is my lucky number!

I have been super busy making cards in the last week or so, and I will endeavor to put up pix of at least some of what I've been up to! In an effort to hopefully get anything at all posted successfully, I will simply be making multiple short posts, rather than one epic one!
This card I made for Melissa's 'For the Love of Cats and Dogs Swap' on Splitcoaststampers. I used an Inkadinkado Mini Clear stampset for it and decided to keep it as elegant as possible by using mostly black and white, with only a touch of wine cs to mat. The swirly, shiny black and white print that is just behind the stamped image is cut from some folder's I bought in the Dollar Tree! I have bought several folders there since the patterns are often beautiful, and they aren't too heavy either! I also decided to use my Cuttlebug to emboss the birds and swirls onto the front of my black cs base. (Sorry it's a bit hard to see in the photo!)
Be sure to check out Melissa's swap! I put a link at the bottom of this post.
My British Bulldog is from another Clear Mini stamp set made by Inkadinkado! It was quite a challenge to color in the finer details of the flad on his shirt, but luckily I occasionally am blessed with a steady hand!
I hope that the swappers who get my cards in Melissa's swap like them and enjoy them as much as I liked making them! Be sure to check Melissa's signature line to see what other swaps she has come up with to host! She's a great host, and a talented gal! Hope to see you join in too!
As promised, here is the link for Melissa's 'For the Love of Dog's and Cat's swap':





3 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think I've ever been featured in any one's blog before. How flattering! Thanks for participating in my swap!!
    Melissa_Jax

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a busy girl! Love the little doggy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats Pele and Hi'iaka want you to know that they really like the cat card and are very offended by having a dog in the same post. (I like the dog, myself, but please don't tell them that or they will disappear with all my toilet paper again! I never did find my last roll that they took a week ago!) >^..^<

    ReplyDelete