Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lookin' forward to the HPC?!

Next weekend I will be happily stamping with my girl's in Columbus, Ohio! That's right, the 2nd Annual HPC is here and I really can't wait! I'm gonna be able to catch up with the friends I met last year, and meet some more of the women I've gotten to know through our daily online chats on Splitcoaststampers!

For the Shoebox Swap (SBS) on Saturday, I have made little kits up so everyone can make the card featured below. It's not too difficult, which I did deliberately so we can have plenty of time to finish everyones projects, cards, and more! We'll also be chattering in the room all day, stamping images from the stamps we are all bringing to share, and playing games! Best of all this years HPC will feature a mini class on how to use our Copics from the UBER TALENTED Kristi owner/designer of Hanna Stamps! As you can imagine, this is going to be one WILD and fun weekend!

I will unfortunately be missing a bunch of my girls who won't be able to make it this year! :-( I understand how sometimes things come up, and the economy can also play a factor in this though. So for my girls who can't attend this year and those of you who would like to create a card like mine too, I have included detailed instructions on how to make my card yourself!




Hope you like my Javabella card! I’ve gotten a few requests from folks on Splitcoaststampers asking what the measurements are on my cards or where I got the layout from in the past. I usually make the layouts up as I go along, as well as the backgrounds as needed! But I thought I’d give a kind of Cliff notes version for this card so anyone can create this card at home!

Materials needed:

Rubberneckers Coffee and Tea Inchies stamp set
Javabella
SU Chocolate Chip CS
Georgia Pacific or similar heavyweight CS (Check suitability for Copic coloring)
Memento Rich Cocoa Inkpad
Memento Tuxedo Black Inkpad
Dark Brown Chalk Ink (or similar old inkpad) to distress edges.
Coordinating ribbon (I used one by Dots and Dashes)
Popdots
Prismacolor Fine Line Markers- 005Brown and 005 Red
Faber-Castell Pitt Art Pen in Blue 146
AtyouSpica pen in gold
Copics:
E00 Skin White
E04 Lipstick Natural
E35 Chamois
E40 Brick White
E59 Walnut
Y32 Cashmere
BG49 Duck Blue
Blender Pen

Stamp Javabella out on white cardstock using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. Color in as pictured above. (Feel free to email me for exact coloring directions if you wish!) Cut colored image to 2-1/8” x 3-1/4”. Set aside.

Cut Choc. Chip CS in half width-wise and fold cut piece to make a standard size A2 card with the fold on top. Use other half piece of the brown cardstock to cut out a 2-3/8” x 3-1/2” rectangle and mount your colored Bella on it. Use small scrap of Chocolate Chip CS to stamp out the pants on Javabella with Memento Tuxedo Black ink Cut out pants and paper-piece onto the image.

Cut two 5-1/4” x 4” rectangles of white CS. Adhere one to the inside of the A2 folded CS for writing the message on. The other piece of 4”x 5-1/4” CS will be used for the faux dp background.

Arrange several inches on your largest acrylic block and stamp the pattern evenly onto the white, precut CS using Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. Color in as shown above. Distress edge of white card front by scratching the edges with a fingernail, and rubbing with chalk ink or other appropriate ink. Adhere ribbon to ‘dp’. Place Popdots on the backside corners of the Javabella image. Adhere mounted image over the ribbon on the card. Adhere card front to prepared card back.

Voila! You did it! You’ve made a beautiful card!

Well that's it for tonight! Hope to see you back here soon to see what I'm up to next! Until then...C'ya! Scrappy

2 comments:

  1. wish I was gonna see you again my dear! miss you all much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute! I love Stamping Bella. What a fun idea.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my BLOG CANDY! Also, thank you for following my blog. I hope you truly enjoy my creations!

    ReplyDelete