Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st...

Today is March 1st, and it is my daughter, Annabella's 4th Birthday. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! I remember everything like it was yesterday! Every milestone of her life, from the moment I found out I was pregnant with her, to her birth, her 1st steps and more. I remember moving here to North Carolina last year and within a few weeks we celebrated her 3rd Birthday thousands of mile away from our family and most of our friends. It is just simply beyond me to describe how mixed my emotions are all because my baby is growing into a little girl!

So much has changed in the last year, we are now homeowners for the first time, Annabella is in preschool, and we have made so many wonderful friends here. Of course, we still occasionally  look back and miss our friends and family 'up North' too! I suppose I am feeling both wistful for what has past and hopeful for what is to come.

These events that shape our lives force us to stop and take stock. I am so happy to have what I do, and that I am so lucky to have my small family here with me safe and sound. It is something I often take for granted - but today on my daughters birthday I am reminded and awed by all I have been blessed with.














5 comments:

  1. Sending Happy Birthday wishes to Annabella!! I hope she has a wonderful day!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Baby Bella!!!! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Annabella!! Have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Annabella! She is just adorable & that picture of her at the piano is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrappy, the pics of Miss Annabella through the years are just too cute. I can't wait to meet here in person. In the meantime

    Happy Birthday To Miss Annabella
    Happy Birthday To Miss Annabella
    Happy Birthday Dear Miss Annabella
    Happy Birthday To You!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete