Monday, June 22, 2009

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen...

Well my Hanna Bonanza is over, as is my bid for the guest designer spot for Hanna Stamps I was vying for. I'm disappointed of course, but it hasn't dulled my will to try again next time! I'm glad that Kristi and Vicki at Hanna Stamps offered the opportunity to try out and I will continue to ink up my Hanna's, Riley's, and Sophies to create many more cards and projects to come!

I also want to congratulate all of the 15 finalists for a job well done too! I'm so happy to say one of my Ho's made it into the top 15! Congratulations to Kelli Jo Hull! I'll be rootin' for you girl! I can't wait to see what you create next! :)

I created this card tonight using the Hospital Hanna clear stamp set from Hanna Stamps! Her scrubs top and the wall behind her is paper pieced. I also used a different fold for the card and lightly distressed the edges too. You have to untie the bow to open the card.
.
Every week I go in for my treatments at Duke and all the doctors and nurses have been great! The nurses are so kind and as gentle as possible and I really appreciate it! I've had several great nurses take care of me in the Chemo/Infusion suite. Each one proves to be more adept as the next at trying to keep me and all of the other patients as comfortable as possible. I know that I'm one of the lucky ones there -my cancer tests came back negative (Thank God!)! Many of the other patients are so much worse off than I am, but the level of skill, care and compassion never wavers. So I made this card to accompany the cookies I am baking to thank them. I know it is not nearly enough to repay them for everything they've done and continue to do. I will eventually be done with this series of treatments, but hopefully this will give them at least one bright moment at a very difficult job!
.
On a cheerier note...
.
I decided to join a new swap tonight with a decidedly fun theme - Monkey's! Kristin has a Monkey Swap over on Splitcoaststampers.com! You can check it out here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432954
I made this cute Changito card for it! I'm just about to go over to Splitcoast and take another spot in the swap too! I think I might drop off my return swap cards and my extra cards at my daughter's preschool! I love seeing the little smiling faces there when we drop off and pick up the kids! I'm sure the teacher can work it into some kind of theme during the school year too! Well...off to get inky...maybe after a bit of shut-eye though! ;) TTYL! Scrappy

1 comment:

  1. Aw, scrappy adorable cards! I had my fingers crossed for ya since I saw sooo many of your incredible submissions - don't give up! Definitely keep on keepin' on, as we say :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete