Friday, January 8, 2010

Sneaky Valentine?

I LOVE MY MONKEY!!

I was trying to create a cute little giftie for my daughter on the DL for Valentines Day! I love the way this little notebook came out...and didn't realize she'd woken up and was looking over my shoulder until she said, "Wow! I LOVE MONKEYS!" After I peeled my startled self off the ceiling and admitted it was for her, she was even more delighted...until she realized she was going to have to wait to actually get to have it! So I consoled her by saying we could be make favors for her class Valentine's party using another cool monkey stamp - Bugaboo Stamps Monkey Topper! Be sure to keep checking in! I'll be posting a picture of those in the coming weeks too and they are sure to be sweet!

My latest project uses 'Monkey Love' a digital stamp by Bugaboo Stamps! Be sure to nab it yourself, so you too can make your own little sweetheart a cute book, or card for Valentines Day! It'll be here before you know it, so you'd better get a jumpstart on it today!

Recipe for Monkey Love Book:
The Bugaboo Stamps  Monkey Love Digital Stamp is printed on Georgia Pacific 110 #white cardstock. It was colored using Copic Art Markers using E33, E35, E37, E39 as well as Sharpie Fine Point red and green markers, and an AtYouSpica red glitter pen. The colored image was then cut out using a large Oval Spellbinders Nestabilities die, and double matted. The pink scalloped oval was diecut using Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Dies and Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink cardstock. The fine point red Sharpie marker was also used to draw the dotted outline around the scalloped edges on the pink oval. The image was then affixed to the premade blank notebook which was purchased at my local Michaels Arts and Crafts store. I used Stampin' Up, American Craft and Offray ribbon scraps to tie to the spiral edge of the notebook.

3 comments:

  1. Very Cute! Love the ribbons around the binding, really adds a nice touch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Audrey! The ribbon on the binding is also a great way to use up all those tiny bits of leftover ribbon scraps! :-)

    ReplyDelete