Sunday, September 11, 2011

Special Tribute at Bugaboo Stamps for 9/11

In my mom's generation, the big question seemed to be, Do you remember where you were when Kennedy got shot? Sadly, I think in our generation, the question may very well be, Do you remember where you were on 9/11? Sadly, I do recall exactly where I was.

I am a native New Yorker. I was living in New Jersey, and was scheduled to go to New York to the Jacob Javits Center on the morning of 9/11. However, I had nightmares the whole night before, and was still walking with a cane after having surgery for a health condition, and had decided not to go. I was very tired, and my premonitions the night before were what I awoke to. As an American, my innocence and sense of security was profoundly affected. From where we lived in New Jersey, we could literally see the smoke rising from the World Trade Center.

I am so lucky to be able to say that none of my family perished on 9/11 or due to subsequent illnesses. I know that so many people suffer and continue to struggle with repercussions and memories. The journal set I made below using a very special image from Bugaboo Stamps, is for those people. We must never forget what has happened and those who were lost. If you know someone who would like the set I made below to commemorate someone lost in the avent of 9/11, please leave a comment and contact info. I would be honored to send it on to the first person who requests it below. Thanks and God Bless!


1 comment: