Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hoppin' on my swappin'!

I suppose I have gotta get hoppin' on my swappin'! I always have a huge amount of open swaps going on and now is no exception! I have somewhere over 50 open - some of which have multiple spots! So since I'm still on a creative spree, I don't want to lose any of my mojo! I'd better get to my stampin' area to play!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This Monkey card is my 2nd spot for Kristen's Monkey Swap on SCS. If you want to check out her swap check it out here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432954

This cute little monkey comes from a clear stamp set by Sandy Lion. I stamped him using Memento tuxedo black ink on Georgia Pacific 110# cs, and colored him in with my Copics (E25, E35). I cut him out with my scalloped oval Nestabilities, and mated him atop another scallopped oval of SU Chocolate Chip. I used a strip of 5/8 inch SU Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and put a piece of hand-crochetted pale yellow lace atop it. Then I laced them both through and around the base of the SU Barely Banana card. Finally, I added the sentiment (SU) by placing it atop dimensionals and centering it on the ribbon-lace.

I love the way this card came out! It's perfect for welcoming a new baby into the family, or giving to the new teacher or aide in your childs preschool or kindergarten. It would also be great to welcome a family with small children into the neighborhood!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This card I made for my good buddy, Lisa's swap on Splitcoaststampers! Check it out here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436195

Lisa is a fantastic host and a great friend! I'm so glad that she is local so we can occassionally get together for a 'stamping playdate' or lunch!
This time Lisa is featuring cards with digital images designed by the uber talented Dustin Pike. Dustin seems like a wonderfully creative guy, and like me- is forever a kid at heart! He is also participating in the swap himself, so I cannot wait to see what he concocts.

For this dragon card, I used a digi image printed on Georgia Pacific 110# cs. I colored in the green shaded parts of him with my Prismacolor Pencils (PC913, PC989) and blended it with Gamsol (OMS). I used a metallic silver Prismacolor Pencil (PC949) for his helmet. I used my Copics (YG91, R29, E49, W5) to color the rest of the image. I cut the image out using my Labels One Nestabilities, and mounted it on a second, larger diecut using SU Chocolate Chip cs. I stamped the sentiment (SU) using Memento tuxedo black in on a scrap of GP110, and punched it using SU's word window punch. The background DP is cut from the 2007 DCWV Christmas slab. I wrapped a piece of printed grosgrain ribbon from Dashes, Dots, and Checks to the DP and made a faux tie. I affixed everything to the SU Bashful Blue base and added two blue Dewdrops to the ends of the sentiment punchout to finish it.

I think this one is pretty cute! It'll make a nice 'not-too-girly' birthday card for a little dragon loving boy! Lucky for me, Dustin has a whole series of great coordinating digi images you can print out to use along with or without this tough lil' dragon! Check out Dustin's blog at: http://dustinpike.blogspot.com/ You can also buy them in rubbah from DRS Designs at: http://www.drsdesigns.com/newreleases.htm

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This Changito Santa card I made for my 3rd spot in 'my boo' Irish's Christmas in July Swap Check out her swap here on Splitcoaststampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443769


I stamped Changito with Memento tuxedo black ink on Georgia Pacific 110# cs, and colored him with my Copics (R29, E25,100). I cut him out using my Quickutz squares. I cut graduating squares of cs in SU Basic Black and Real Red and mounted the image atop them. I mounted it on a SU Glorious Green base and put 3 buttons across the bottom. I wanted a very simple layout and design, but I felt I needed to add some kind of sentiment. I found this one by Studio G to be a perfect fit. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment