Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bling that MFT thing!

After not making it into the Top 10 for the MFT Idol contest, I realized I was so happy and excited for the winners! I loved seeing all of the wonderful cards and projects the contestants made to enter, and was looking forward to seeing what everyone did for this weeks challenge! I decided to continue on hangin' out on the thread with the other stampers who were there for the sheer love of MFT stamps despite not making it to the top ten. This group - dubbed the MFT Junkies- are having their own challenges, to coincide with the Idol one. In the spirit of the theme - 'Celebration' - I created the pendant below to celebrate whoever became an MFT Idol!



I used a Tim Holtz Ideaology blank, and backed it with glittery, fuschia cardstock from DCWV. Then, I used Ranger Crystal Stickles to affix the cardstock to the pendant. Next, I stamped the sentiment in StaZon with stamps from MFTs Twisted Sentiments, and MFTs Digital Girl. Finally, I added my bling - round crystals and rhinestone stars, and black ribbon for a 'necklace'.

The necklace idea came from something I heard a long time ago on American Idol. Apparently, Paula Abdul designs and commissions a jewelery piece for the top 12. She does this to commend them for their achievement, but also to remind them of their goal. So, I figured since I'm pretty kooky myself (minus the odd slurred comments), I'd put my own spin on the pendant for this. While I can't make one for every one, at least I can smile thinking about my own 'try-out' for Idol...MFT Idol that is! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment