Saturday, February 26, 2011

Prezzies for me?...and some Recipes!

My daughter made me the sign below for my stamp room door a few weeks ago. Being insanely busy, I'm just getting around to posting it now! Her sign featuring Darla from Bugaboo Stamps, was a *big surprise* for me! I printed Darla out to use for a DT project but she promptly disappeared into the clutches of my daughters Stickle coated hands! It took me a while to figure out that my mini-me kidnapped her and was using her to create her own little present for me! But how can I get mad at that - right? Besides...check out what it says along the bottom of the sign for an extra little giggle! Then feel free to leave a comment! She is learning to read - and will likely try to read them with me! Thanks!


Looks like two lovely gals think I deserve a prezzie this week too! TammyLee and Dee have both given me this award for being a *Stylish Blogger*! I've been lucky enough to have worked with/continue to work with both of these talented gals! TammyLee and I were Bella Design cohorts, while Dee (my dream-mother-in-law!) has worked with me at Bugaboo Stamps and continues to work alongside me at Aud Sentiments too!


THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS!!

To fully accept this award I'm supposed to tell you 8 things about myself, and then pass the award on to other talented folks who have stylish blogs. Good thing I know ALOT of great bloggers hmm?

So....here you have it,  8 Things about me:

1. I'm on 8 full time design teams, and guest design as often as possible. I post at least 6 times a week - ...unless I get a migraine! :(
2. I am homeschooling my daughter this year. We are undecided as to if we will continue to next year.
3. I have been stamping for about 4 years. I only started scrapbooking about a year before that.
4. I am a 'Ho'! Yes, my mom knows and is proud of it too! See the Crafty Ho Blog to see what I mean!
5. I have degrees in baking & pastry arts, and vocational education. I minored in marketing & advertising.
6. I have worked as a truck dispatcher, a baker, a teacher, a waitress, in customer service, as a salesperson, a donut maker, a cashier, a stock clerk, a daycare provider, as an administrative assistant, a cake decorator, a floral designer, and a proofreader. Like TammyLee, I worked 3 of these jobs all at once. When I grow up I wanna try something new - like retirement, wine tasting, and travel! :p
7. I'm an insomniac...which is how I sometimes manage get so much done.
8. I hate cleaning, so I race around doing it all as fast as possible - all in one shot! I will also carefully tip toe around any messes and pretend they aren't there so I can hide in my stamp room! If I could add an en suite bathroom and a wine chiller, I'd never leave the room! :p

Now to hand this off to 4 more Stylish Blogs!
Sammi,
Min ,
Stephanie ,
Audrey (Aud has BLOG CANDY...I mean really-awesome-OMG-Blog Candy!
GO SEE IT HERE! (...and tell her I sent you please?)
And just in case my SMILe comes back to check in,  here are two great recipes to try (in case you need one for dinner tonight! I'll bring the wine! ;p ).

Hearty Beef Casserole

1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, browned

1/2 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper
3 large potatoes, sliced
2 carrots, shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef in a skillet with chopped onions; cook until onions are tender. Drain off excess fat; transfer ground beef and onion to casserole dish. Add layer of sliced raw potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper; shred carrots to cover potatoes. Put soup over carrots. Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle shredded cheese over top and bake for about 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted. Serves 4.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Crockpot Glazed Apricot Chicken
 
1/2 cup apricot preserves

1/3 cup bottled Russian dressing
1/2 envelope onion soup mix
6 frozen chicken breasts (do not thaw)

Mix the first 3 ingredients together. Place chicken in Crock Pot and cover with apricot mixture. Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.  Serve over steamed rice if desired. Serves 6.

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet gift! The coloring and layout are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable sign from your daughter. I love the little extra message at the bottom.

    Thanks for the blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Scrappy!! I love the card - like mother like daughter, right?!? Thanks again so much for the award. Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete